Winter is an exciting time to visit Lake Macquarie. Here are our Top 5 for your winter stay at Raffertys.
1. Discover local walking trails Raffertys is surrounded by National Park and you can join the Wallarah Penninula Track from right here at the resort. The track is a moderate, 2 hour, one way walk through Murrays Beach to Caves Beach Park via Pinny Beach. A great way to uncover the varied flora, fauna and magnificent coastal views of the local area.
2. Pelican and native bird feeding Come and watch the pelicans waddle up to shore to get their afternoon snack or help feed the native birds in the arboretum. Both pelican and bird feeding are held Wednesday – Sunday on the resort grounds.
3. Explore the sea caves at Caves Beach Located a short drive from the resort exploring the sea caves is a wonderful morning or afternoon activity for the whole family.
4. Experience a Lake Macquarie sunset Sunsets over Lake Macquarie are always something special however winter sunsets are simply breathtaking. The colours that form in the sky and reflect over the lake are spectacular and a must see.
5. Fishing on the lake Lake Macquarie is a recreational fishing haven and is home to wide range of popular fish species including mulloway, bream, dusky flathead, tailor, squid, luderick, sand whiting, yellowtail kingfish and Australian salmon. Fish directly from Raffertys jetty or hire a boat from jet buzz if you are feeling adventurous. Fishing rods and bait also available on site.
Want more? Try these fab ways to add to your Raffertys stay. Hire bikes and explore the resort or jump on one of the many cycle ways around the lake, explore the petrified forest and fossils at Swansea Heads, play a game tennis on one of our 4 courts, swim in the heated pool or try your luck at spotting whales as they migrate along the coast during the cooler months.
For more details on any of these activities please contact our friendly reception team on 02 4972 5555