Hiring a wedding planner is everyone’s dream (a luxurious dream that is), but it’s not for everyone’s budget. You want your special day to be unforgettable and everything to come together so your photos are a spectacular memory of the best day ever!
Over the years, we’ve picked up useful tips and tricks of all things DIY Wedding and Planning. If you’re looking to have a beautiful coastal destination wedding and want an easy check list to be your own wedding planner, read on for our best tips!
Just got engaged?
• Plan an intimate engagement party and/or bridal shower. We’re seeing more and more Pinterest-inspired DIY parties for just close friends and family.
• Choose your Maid of Honour, Bridesmaids, Best Man and Groomsmen.
• Save any images or inspirations on Instagram and Pinterest. Keep this to help visualise your wedding.
• Start thinking about your Wedding Budget and working on your head count.
How long does it take to plan a wedding?
• 1 – 2 years. Although we’ve seen couples bring their dream wedding to life in under 10 months, but to avoid stress and anxiety, 1 year is our recommendation!
• Set the Wedding Date ASAP and lock in the reception venue, ceremony location, accommodation for you and your guests.
Chelsea & Lawrence had their Wedding Ceremony with the sea view under the warm sun.
10-12 months before Wedding Day
• Wedding theme
• Wedding dress, groom suit
• Marriage licence
• Guest list
• Invitation design, print, or digital send, RSVP system
• Wedding suppliers – photographers, videographers, florist, cake, make-up artist, hair stylist, wedding cars, DJ etc.
• Honeymoon budget, destination and booking
6 months before Wedding Day
• Wedding invitations sent out
• Suppliers confirmed and locked in
• Wedding Itinerary or “Order of Events” organised
• Wedding bands ready, pick-up date is set, book times for sizing
• Final stages of, if not completed, wedding dress, bridesmaid dress, groom and groomsmen suits
• Book wedding night accommodation
• Book honeymoon if not already done
Pinterest Inspiration: Wedding Itinerary, Order of Events Board
2 months before Wedding Day
• All necessary documents for marriage licence are prepared
• Organise and confirm booking for pre-wedding photo-shoot
• Make-up and hair trial
1 month before Wedding Day
• Final fitting for all dresses and suits
• Finalise and follow-up RSVP’s
• Finalise guest list and numbers
Pre-wedding photoshoot for Ivy & Aidan by the jetty.
2 weeks before Wedding Day
Confirm bookings or last-minute changes with:
• Make-up artist and hair stylist
• Wedding suppliers
• Reception venue, ceremony location, accommodation
• Pick up all dresses and suits
• Final floor plan and seating chart
1 week before Wedding Day
• Relax! Try a massage or some Yoga and get in the zone for your big day!
We’re full of ideas, inspiration and experience in helping brides bring their DIYs to life. Take advantage of our invaluable contacts across the Central Coast who have delivered stunning cakes, styling, ceremonies and more!